We are very excited to announce the launch of Fruity Knitting, starting with the Fruity Knitting Podcast – Episode 1! We certainly hope you enjoy the podcast – we have battled wind and weather (and not a little technology) to bring it to you. Watch it to find out more.
Without further ado:
In addition to the Podcast, Andrea is already working on Fruity Knitting Technique Videos, showing you – in full technicolor – the basics – knit one, purl one – through to really extraordinary things, like, er, knitting with two hands at the same time.
Also coming up: We are putting the final touches on the first Fruity Knitting Project Tutorials, taking you from start to finish on simple and not so simple patterns – hats, scarves, jumpers, pullovers and sweaters. Cardigans, socks, gloves, little squashy animals…
You can find Fruity Knitting on
- Instagram @fruityknitting
- Ravelry @fruityknitting
- and there is also a Fruity Knitting Podcast Group on Ravelry. Come and say hello!
On Episode 1
Henry VIII by Alice Starmore
Andrea is wearing the Henry VIII by Alice Starmore.
St Brigid by Alice Starmore
Andrew is wearing the St Brigid by Alice Starmore.
- Yarn is Alice Starmore Hebridean 3 ply in the Colorway Selkie.
- Pattern is from Alice Starmore’s book Aran Knitting, 2010 Edition
- Andrea’s St Brigid Ravelry Project
Na Craga by Alice Starmore
Madeleine is wearing the Na Craga by … Alice Starmore.
- Yarn is Alice Starmore Hebridean 3 ply in the Colorway ???.
- Pattern is also from Alice Starmore’s book Aran Knitting, 2010 Edition
- Andrea’s Na Craga Ravelry Project
Catkin by Kate Davies
Calder Beanie by Sarah Hatton
- Calder Beanie Pattern is available for free at Rowan, but you may need to register.
- Yarn is Rowan Pure Wool Superwash DK, in shade 106, “Loam”
Climbing Mount Snowdon
- Kimiko Ishizaka plays Bach’s Well-Tempered Klavier, Prelude Number 3 and Prelude and Fugue Number 5.