We often have Patrons who would like to upgrade their pledge from one “Tier” to another – most often it’s a Hebridean upgrading to become a Merino, but it’s the same if you’re upgrading to become a Shetland. There is one little trick to making this change correctly so that you get access to the rewards of the Tier you are upgrading to.
- Go to your “Manage memberships” page. (You can click on the link, or go to Patreon, hover over your Profile Picture, then click on “Manage memberships” in the menu that appears.)
- Click on the “Edit” link for your Fruity Knitting membership.
- Now click on the link “Edit or cancel membership“. (If you just update the amount, you won’t get access to the rewards of the Tier you are upgrading to.)
- In the next window, click the button “View tiers“.
- Click the “Join” button for the Tier that you would like to upgrade to. (The word “Join” makes it sound like you’re making a new pledge rather than changing your existing pledge, but it’s ok – you won’t end up with two pledges!!)
- You’ll then be back at the screen “Complete your monthly payment to Fruity Knitting”, but it will all be filled out for your new Tier. Click the “Update” button to complete the change.
The key is that you need to select the new Tier, not just change the pledge amount. If you don’t select the new Tier, then you won’t get access to the rewards of that Tier (which would be a shame).
If you have already increased your pledge but you don’t have access to the rewards for the Tier, do the exact same steps above. You won’t change the amount, but it will give you access to the rewards for the Tier that you have upgraded to.