If you would like to sign up as a Fruity Knitting Patron but are unsure how to do it, this page might help!
Facebook – you can use it, but you don’t need to
- You can sign up as a Fruity Knitting Patron using your e-mail address and a password.
- You do not need to be on Facebook to become a Fruity Knitting Patron.
- We have a Facebook Group for the Shetland Patrons. This is a nice way to chat with other Shetlands, but we always announce all events directly on Patreon so you do not have to be a member of the Facebook Group to enjoy the benefits of being a Shetland Patron.
Steps to become a Fruity Knitting Patron
- Select your level of support.
- Sign up as a Patron using either e-mail or Facebook.
- Enter your payment method details.
These steps are described more fully below, with the option of signing up using e-mail. If you’d like to sign up using Facebook, see the section “Signing Up With Facebook” at the bottom of the page.
1. Select Your Level Of Support
Depending on the amount you would like to pledge, you can select what level of Patron you would like to become – Hebridean ($5) , Merino ($10) or Shetland ($30). Select the level and press “CONTINUE“.
2. Sign Up Using Your E-Mail Address
To sign up using your e-mail address and a password, following these steps:
- Enter your full name. E.g. “Joan Smith”
- Enter your e-mail address. E.g. “email@example.com”. (If you have more than one e-mail address, then make a note of which one you are using for your Fruity Knitting Patron account.)
- Enter the e-mail address again. (This is just to check that you didn’t make a typing mistake the first time…)
- Enter the password that you would like to use with your Fruity Knitting Patron account. (Don’t forget it!)
- Click the box to say “I’m not a robot“! This is a security measure. When you click this box, you may be asked to complete a little puzzle. For example, you may be presented with a set of photos and have to select all the photos which include a boat. Click on each photo which fits the description, then click “Verify” once you’re done. This is another security check to make sure you are a real person and not an automated program making trouble. If you don’t understand the first puzzle you are given, you can ask for a new one by clicking the round arrow symbol.
- Once you have filled in all the required information, click “SIGN UP“.
3. Enter your Payment Details
You can pay using either a credit card or Paypal. Select which method you would like to use and enter the details required.
If your credit card has expired or will expire soon, you can enter the details of the new card as described here.
Signing Up With Facebook
If you would like to sign up using Facebook instead of your e-mail address, follow these steps:
- Select your level of support, as described above.
- At the Sign Up screen, click “SIGN UP WITH FACEBOOK“.
A dialog will appear to say that Patreon will receive your public profile from Facebook. Click “Continue as <Your Name>“.
- Enter your payment details, as described above.