Windy Scarf by Martin Storey
In this tutorial I’m going to show you how to cable with and without a cable needle. This is a great tutorial for advanced beginners who want to learn how to cable and for intermediate knitters who would like to cable without a cable needle.
The tutorial is available as a video on YouTube – click on the image below to go straight to the video.
As you work through the pattern, you can use the links below to jump directly to the next part of the tutorial video.
- Making a Gauge
- Casting on and setting up the cable panels – Rows 1 & 2
- Using a cable needle
- Working the reverse side & twisting edge stitches of cable panels
- Crossing the cable panels – Row 15
- Row 31
- Working without a cable needle – Row 3, C4L, C4R
- Working without a cable needle – C7B
- Working without a cable needle – C7F
- Casting off
Pattern and Yarn
The Windy Scarf was designed by Martin Storey and was features in the Rowan Knitting and Crochet Magazine 58.
The design is available from Rowan as a single pattern, or you can also buy it at Ravelry.
The suggested yarn is the Rowan Pure Wool Superwash Worsted.