This is a great project for knitting cables for beginners. If you can confidently do the knit and purl stitch and cast on, then this is a great tutorial for you. I will show you all the other techniques used to complete the Calder Beanie by Sarah Hatton.
- Making a swatch and casting on
- Row 5, Cable pattern
- How to unpick mistakes and put stitches back
- Knitting the row after the cable
- Explanation of top shaping, K2tog, P2tog
- Row 13; S1, K1, PSSO
- Row 17; Break yarn and thread through
- Sewing the seam and finishing off
Pattern and Yarn
The Calder Beanie pattern is available for free from Rowan Yarns.